1.04.2010

Evolution Begins...

As I explored the writing on my initial drawings, I wondered what the relationship was between structure and chaos, whether the spontaneous marks would react differently within a structured framework.  I experimented with origami diagrams and gestural, energetic marks integrated within the geometric forms.  I soon discovered that there was no successful integration, just another layer "placed" on top of the framework.  Disappointment lingered momentarily, just until I realized that if this process of creating a drawing is indeed mimicking the much practiced act of journaling, then the content should be closely related to what I experience daily. 






 
 

 
I could go into a deeper explanation of what's being conveyed here, but I really enjoy hearing others' responses.  These drawings have a life of their own, and they relate to different people in different ways.  I'll post my most recent artist statement with my most recent work...

No comments:

Post a Comment